The company — a specialty retailer of domestic and commercial floor care cleaning products — has chosen Pronto as it looks to deploy a more agile and scalable business management platform.
The deal follows a review by Godfreys to clean up and overhaul its legacy ERP system and replace it with a next generation, “future-proof business management platform” that would have the flexibility to add customised functionality, and was scalable enough to manage the company’s growth.
Pronto secured the contract after a competitive tender process, with Godfreys seeking a partner to:
- Provide a cloud-based, fully managed service on a 24/7 basis;
- Provide an end-to-end, easy to use platform that manages all facets of the organisation from financials, warehouse and inventory to sales;
- Be accessible to all staff members from any device, including desktops, tablets and mobile phones at any time;
- Deliver Business Intelligence functionality to allow for faster, more informed decision-making;
- Offer fast and seamless integration with third-party businesses.
Mark Norman, IT manager, Godfreys, said, “we chose to partner with Pronto Software as they ticked all the boxes, demonstrating the ability to manage the whole product life cycle at Godfreys, as well as extract critical business information.
“As a sales business, it is important we have the right product in store to meet our sales teams and customer demands. Our supply chain is critical to the operation of the business and we needed a management platform that is very reliable and accessible all of the time. We reviewed several cloud providers and found that they were unable to match Pronto’s solution, expertise and ability to meet our requirements.”
Chad Gates, managing director, Pronto Software, said: “Not only were we able to show that we have a functionally rich retail solution, we were also deemed the best-fit partner in terms of our customer focus, flexibility and local industry expertise. We are pleased to partner with Godfreys, supporting their vision of leveraging technology for innovation and to improve efficiency for on-going growth.”
Among its customers adopting Pronto Xi, the company lists Vic’s Meat, Nike, Petstock, Inspirations Paint, Gasweld and The Co-op.